Saturday 23 January 2010

Companionable


C. you are very companionable. Now don't wrinkle your nose like that, don't look down. Let me explain. I like to look across and see someone else, enjoying tea. I like to laugh, and have my echo, be your beginning. I like to rant and have you commiserate, I like to nibble brownies and share the crumbs.


C. you are unique, you inspire awe, you are intimidating, you are lovable.


Our memories: you, with your songs, your music, your vulnerability, crouching in the corner, in the camouflaged guise of the fool. Me, with my misdirected, misinterpreted longing.
Me with the scissors, you with the crooked haircut.
Us, with our laughing, our big words, our shyness.


C. you are companionable. I don’t have to explain. You know what I mean. I’m sorry C.; I know it’s not what you wanted to hear.



No comments:

Post a Comment